Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Starlight Princess and Other Princess Stories

Add caption
     I really enjoyed this book. It contained many stories I have heard many times, but also some that were new to me. Also each story was about a different princess around the world. Many cultures and countries were represented with this book. At the beginning it even contained an artist introduction which I though was very interesting and helped me understand how the illustrations were formed. Each story flowed very well and not only told the story but gave a description as well as to the reasons behind the decisions and behaviors of some characters. It was like you had a secret insight to the fairy tales.
   Since the illustrations were embroidered it added an almost 3d affect to the pictures. I felt as if i could feel the texture of the pictures if I touched them. Also I liked how the illustrations were inserted throughout the story varied. Sometimes a whole page would be a picture, others both pages with some words, sometimes there would just be a small illustration in the corner.
     Overall i really enjoyed this compilation of stories, I found them interesting and I would use this book in my classroom. It is easier to read then some fairy tales, has great illustration, and a good variance of stories. They even have a story about a prince so male students won't feel left out!

No comments:

Post a Comment