Sunday, May 29, 2011

Series of Unfortunate Events: The Wide Window

By Lemony Snicket
Illustrated by Brett Helquist
Published in 2000


   I remember this particularly series being very popular when I was a student therefore I decided to chose this as my series book to read. I want to become familiar with a series I think my future students will be reading. What I liked about these books is that I did not neccessarily need to read teh first book. There were a few things I was confused on, but this is a series where you could pick out any of the books and still understand what is going on. As a reader I really enjoyed it. There was mystery, adventure, and humor every now and then. It was probably one of the books I finished the fastest and finished all in one sitting. I just had to find out what happened in the end!
    As a teacher I think this is a great series for kids who like Harry Potter, or mystery/spooky kinds of books. Although some of the things these three children do is quite ridiculous it is a page turner. There are some bigger vocabulary words, but a reader who isn't as strong would still understand what is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment